Community > Groups > General Discussion > Get to Know You!

G

Get to Know You!

Posted by Emmachan 8 years ago
Emmachan

Posted 8 years ago

Reply here and say a little about yourself. Don't be shy!

kitbis

Posted 8 years ago

Hello! I'm kitbis! (...I seriously dont know what else to say.)

(after some time...)

I'm learning japanese because I love manga even if it might not be a good reason. My favorite kind of stories are those where characters have supernatural abilities and can use magic. Other than that, I can speak english, french and chinese but I'm still learning them. Many people think that chinese and japanese are similar but I think they are different from each other (they just both have soo many characters that they are sharing some.:P) I really like this website and I feel most confortable learning here (The lesson's are great after all).

Emmachan

Posted 8 years ago

Hi! I am Emma

I am part japanese so I decided I wanted to learn some Japanese so next time I go to Japan I can understand and talk to people. Also I love their culture (and manga).  I love learning at Nihongo Master because everything's great about it!

kitbis

Posted 8 years ago

Eh~! You are half-japanese! Lucky! I have never been to japan before. Did you go there before? How is it like? Is it like in manga? Is there a lot of people there?

Emmachan

Posted 8 years ago

Kind of like in manga.  And YES there are a lot of people there.  (especially in Tokyo!)

kitbis

Posted 8 years ago

Does it cost a lot to go there?

Oh, but I shoudn't ask that since the " a lot of money" for teenagers who aren't working yet and the one for those who have a job are different. So I'll ask this: Where can we find documents or stuff like that where we can learn about the japanese culture and history?

Emmachan

Posted 8 years ago

Travel books about japan help. :3 Also you can find books about japan in the library or online.

kitbis

Posted 8 years ago

Oh, thanks. Hum... Emma-chan, I would like to ask if you've been on this website for a long time and how often do you read new lessons? I've been sort of wondering if I was slow since my account is already two and a half years old and I'm still at 36% of the beginner lessons.

Emmachan

Posted 8 years ago

I usually get caught up with my drills doing a couple hundred before moving on to another lesson so I'm sure I understand them!  :)

kitbis

Posted 8 years ago

I was like that too, but recently, I tried to speed up a bit.

(because I kind of had an habit of trying to finish all my drills before reading a lesson but I didn't have enough stamina to finish the drills and they keep on accumulating! I ended up stuck in this almost never-ending loop a lot.)

I read more lessons this week and I have more questions that I never did before in my drills, but I'm kind of trying to be at the level to take the JLPT N5 as soon as possible :P. I guess I'm sort of rushing too much.