What happened with this?

The Joyo Kanji Challenge

I would like to join this. I know I am a little late, but it looks like it only got to practice sheet 2.

Dismantle
Posted 4 years ago

I'm not sure what happened to the group but if you want to learn 2000+ Kanji within 6 months I suggest you pick up the "Remembering the Kanji" by James W. Heisig and use this website or a Flash card program called Aniki were you can download ready made decks instead of importing everything in yourself.

I did this learning 20 new kanji a day and completing all reviews that came up, it took me just over 6 months. You can also pick up "Remembering the Kanji 3" if you want to learn up to 3000 Kanji.

霊子
Posted 4 years ago

I tried Aniki, but the interface was a little confusing. I might try again.

Dismantle
Posted 4 years ago

Dismantle!

I just read about this Kanji Challenge like two minutes ago, but I'm excited to do it.  It does seem as though enthusiasm amongst the masses has all but died down.  But I'll try to get in contact with Nihongo Master and see if they will continue.  Or maybe we aren't looking in the right place for the actual practice sheets and other tools for this challenge? Either way, I'll let you know if I find anything!

Chelsea
Posted 4 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but we decided to make our kanji challenge more approachable! Instead we learn 3 kanji a day, so 21 per week and we make flashcards and post daily kanji to facebook and twitter as well. If you want to sign up for the new kanji challenge you can join the email list here:

learn.nihongomaster.com/joyo-kanji-challenge

Taylor A.
Posted 1 year ago

have you tried also using Wanikani? the "fake" radicals can be annoying but it's a good way to learn a lot of kanji over a long period of time.

nihongonewbie
Posted 1 year ago