Is this website still active ?

Newcomer Group

Hello,

I am new to NihongoMaster and, while I am enjoying it so far, it seems that the community is non-existent or really really absent.

While I have no problem studying alone, it gives the website a kind of creepy atmosphere, I have the impression to be the only one around here.

All forum messages are from one month to one year ago, without answers for many of them.

Is the website closing any time soon, or are there only a few member left ?

Sorry for the harshness, but I have been two whole weeks and the chat and only one person have answered me during these two weeks, so I'm just asking myself questions.

Dosce
Posted 1 month ago

I agree, I feels as though you are the only one on the site most of the time.

Gunma Kid
Posted 1 month ago

I just signed up today.  It is one of the things I noticed right away.  The marketing talks about a vibrant community of learners to chat with and practice, but there doesn't really seem to be much.  I also notice that the teams rankings have no activity for the last week, or last month, only for ALL TIME.  So does that mean even the teams are not active?  I am evaluating this site to possibly use it for my beginning Japanese learners.  Not sure if it is the right fit.

Umiko
Posted 1 month ago

I guess that the lack of answers is the answer, unfortunately...

It is a shame because I really like the content !

Dosce
Posted 1 month ago

Yes it still is! Do you guys often check the chatroom? You may not see us "online" there but someone like me is always there to talk and answer your questions so don't hesitate to say Hi when you're online! We also do weekly LIVE chats every Sundays at 9PM, Japan Time with some native Japanese speakers so make sure not to miss it because you're sure to enjoy it a lot. (^_^) 

Anji
Posted 1 month ago

Hi Umiko! Our website has helped thousands of Japanese learners from all over the world and we've been getting a lot of positive feedbacks since we started in 2011. Your students can always try out a premium membership with no risk. Please use our tools and lessons to determine if we are a good tool for them to use online. We hope you find us to be so! If you decide you want to cancel in the first 30 days, you'll get a full refund, no hassle and no questions asked! 

PS: Since our school is catering to students from different parts of the world, setting up a convenient time for everyone to participate in a chat can be tricky. So if you have preferred time block for chats, please let us know!

Anji
Posted 1 month ago

Yeah I check the chat several times a day, and there is one message/answer every few days. And most of the messages are from you, Anji. It seems that you are the only one in this website.

I don't criticize the website himself which I really like, but the lack of members.

Another problem is, it is really hard to have precise answers, no one seem to know exactly. I have asked several times if there is a recommend number of lesson per week to learn in order not to have too much drills, and I still don't have any answers.

Where are the live chats ? In the chat section ?

Dosce
Posted 1 month ago

Hi Dosce! We really don't recommend a specific number of lessons to do in a specific timeframe because you can plan your lessons to fit your personal schedule. You can study at your own pace and own time. We understand if the drills can be overwhelming. You can head to your Drill Management in your account settings at https://www.nihongomaster.com/myaccount/drills if you choose to remove any drills you've added. If you have any more questions or issues with the site, we recommend you to contact us by e-mail directly at info@nihongomaster.com. Our founder, Taylor Dondich, would be very happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the site. Thanks, Anji

Anji
Posted 1 month ago

I sent an email 6 days ago to info@nihongomaster.com and I still don't have any answer...

Dosce
Posted 3 weeks ago

Hi Dosce! When I checked our email, I didn't find any tickets from peldav@hotmail.fr. Could you confirm the email address you use for emailing us?

Anji
Posted 3 weeks ago