Community > Groups > General Discussion > Questions?

G

Questions?

Posted by Emmachan 8 years ago
erinea

Posted 7 years ago

I have a question regarding learning kanji.

I've been doing the Anki+Heisig alongside NM's lessons. The Heisig method is really easy to follow, but I still have some doubts because this way you don't know the different pronunciations nor you focus on the writing order. I can recognise a bunch of isolated kanji now, but will this be pointless in the future? Is really that important to learn following the traditional methods?

Emmachan

Posted 7 years ago

Nice of you to ask!  

Gray is for people who don't have membership.

Orange is for people that suscribe!

Lastly, red is for the Nihongo Master Team.  ex: Taylor (the founder of Nihongo Master!)

Emmachan

Posted 7 years ago

I have never used the Heisig Method but I would trust Nihongo Master and go through their lessons!

erinea

Posted 7 years ago

Thank you emmachan :)

I'm having a hard time remembering pronunciations. It's really easy to succeed in doing the drills, but after testing my memory in front a piece of paper, it reveals that I am not doing that good :( Maybe things will get better after learning more vocabulary.

頑張ります!

PS: Are you guys using other study methods besides Nihongo Master? I've been a subscriber for a month now and I'm really satisfied so far :D  

Emmachan

Posted 7 years ago

Nope!  I am just using Nihongo Master and my Japanese is improving gradually.

Dave

Posted 7 years ago

I would agree.. I've had lots of success with the site.. My teacher (when I get a chance to talk to her) says the site is good for inbetween lessons..

As for the colors, they are correct

Grey = Non Premium (Free) user
Orange = Premium User
Red = Staff (Admin)...

However, I'm orange.. because I still want to pay for my account :)

Emmachan

Posted 7 years ago

Please feel free to add to any of the groups or make your own group.

アダム

Posted 7 years ago

How effective is this for a first time Japanese learner?  I've never spoke a word of Japanese before, yet I would like to learn the langauge, although from what I've done so far I am learning the hirigana .. characters? though I have no idea how to construct them into sentances, is there any chance that if I carry on with this website I could become fluent or semi-fluent without any other resources ?

plebaap

Posted 7 years ago

You can definitely become fluent/semi-fluent with this website, but I don't think it should be your only resource. I have found the lessons to be very easy to understand. I would break it down like this:

• Use the lessons to learn hiragana/katakana/grammar. The lessons will also teach you some kanji and quite some vocabulary, but especially for speaking Japanese the grammar is so important! The lessons assume you have no prior knowledge of Japanese, and it's hard to find the grammar better explained anywhere!
  • After finishing the lessons continue to learn more Kanji through study lists available on this website.
  • While learning more Kanji, learn more words through study lists aswell. Especially ones you can write with the Kanji you've learned.
  • During your studies, constantly put yourself in contact with Japanese through media. Listen to songs, watch Japanese series (without subs if you can) or whatever suits your needs. Listening and repeating = learning.

I'm sure that during your studies here you will find yourself being able to read/understand much more as time passes. It's a long road but Nihongo Master is definitely the right resource!

Kristoffer

Posted 7 years ago

how to upgrade to premium?