Community > Groups > Newcomer Group > Wanna talk about why you love Japan? <3

N

Wanna talk about why you love Japan? <3

Posted by SebastianMichaelis 10 years ago
Alexandra

Posted 10 years ago

I think everyone of us was asked why he/she likes Japan/Japanese? :D (Now that I started learning Japanese I asked much more than before :) )

Well, to be honest... the first reason is animes, and I like some mangas.

But, there are more reasons to love Japan: their music, culture, fashion and so on. They have a beautiful coutry and civilization. 

Kara

Posted 10 years ago

their culture really facinates me

David

Posted 10 years ago

To be honest, I doubt I have the slightest clue about any of their culture or their history, but I like a lot of the entertainment merchandise available in Japan. I'd like to be able to purchase more wonderful Japanese exclusives, but I'm limited to products that do not require Japanese literacy.

Nihon Scope

Posted 10 years ago

It's not the USA

Nihon Scope

Posted 10 years ago

Did you know that growing or smoking Marijuana in Japan is illegal beccause of America occupation laws from World War 2? They we're hardcore smokers before hand... But it's totally okay to get drunk and cause a bunch of crap.

Either way, again... It's not the USA and the ordinary boring America wait till we die of inflation. Might as well go to Japan, we're getting hit almost harder by the radiation then those living in Japan because of the Jet Stream that blows across Japan.

Yatta! Got a plane to catch early next year! Wife and I are going to Japan through Sakura house.. check them out if you're interested in going, they can help you! Pretty cool stuff!

But I guess going to one of the most crowded areas on Earth will give anyone a promising note of gratitude for personal space! I guess this could be noted as more reasons may be not to like Japan. But in the end, it's the transformation into another culture! People live their entire lives in a boxed in area. They rarely will move 20 miles away from where they we're born... Screw that! I'm going half way around the world, to engulf myself into something new.

Life is too damn short and boring to not to take risks of experience what this place has to offer! Cut ties with everything you know or think you know and walk into something foreign and possibly scary!

There's my blast from the spice weasel! BAM!

ACMEAnimator

Posted 10 years ago

My love of Japan first sprouted from martial arts. I took up Karate at 10, but stopped after a year due to my family moving about. Now at 17 I'm getting back into it, and I've fallen in love with it's pop culture! Anime, music, and the beauty of the counry itself. Now as an aspiring animator I often look to people like Hayao Miyazaki as inspiration. I love drawing and the anime style really appealed to me at a young age.

Rouillie

Posted 10 years ago

I love Japan because it is very different from my upbringing, yet much of the way of thinking, living, working, doing things, makes sense to me. I'm not Japanese, the anti-thesis of it, perhaps. Yet it's one of the few cultures I feel connected with. It makes sense to me.

Surfinupcali

Posted 10 years ago

I first fell in love with Japan because of the pop band KAT-TUN. Then I fell in love with other bands and forms of entertainment such as anime, dramas, food, reality tv shows, ramen, katsudon, okonomiyaki, etc. This love for the entertainment industry and their food has expanded to the Japanese nationals. I began teaching English in college to Japanese exchange students and have been given the opportunity to move to Japan for two years to teach English in the amazing prefecture of Tokyo! I am so excited!!!!

irisflower103

Posted 9 years ago

I first started getting interested in japanese language because of the ANIME . I wanted to watch anime without english substitutes , and then I started learning about japanese culture and then I became even more interested , and here I am at nihongomaster learning japanese language !

komachi

Posted 9 years ago

I love go and karuta. I love junihitoe and kimono. Anime and mangas my best anime is ogura hyakunin isshu uta koi. I am in love with a japanese historical figure Ariwara no Narihira ,Fujiwara no Takaiko and Ono no komach. I love their culture and their musical intrument koto and geisha and their fans.