Community > Groups > Newcomer Group > Introduce Yourself Here!

N

Introduce Yourself Here!

Posted by Taylor 10 years ago
ジェア

Posted 7 years ago

みなさん、こんにちは!

I'm Jea, living in the outskirts of Manila, Philippines. I've always been fascinated with the Japanese culture so I also wanted to learn the language. :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone here!

よろしくおねがいします!  ~ヾ(^∇^)

DavidStrife7

Posted 7 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm David.

I'm hoping by engaging with the community here, I help lock myself into a social/public obligation to keep returning, and help discipline myself to keep going on my quest to learn Japanese.

I'm a Game Designer/Developer in my free time, I have a 2:1 BA Degree in Computer Games Design, so obviously I enjoy gaming. I also love Anime/Manga, and I have a lot of Japanese media that I've collected over the years, of which I would really love to start reading and understanding properly.

I'm going to Japan in April for my Birthday, and will be visiting a few friends out there who teach English in Japan. My hope is that from using this website, I will learn conversational and basic reading of Japanese, which will help make my trip more memorable and exciting, as well as help make easier the future prospect of going out to Japan myself to teach!

Short term goal is learning enough to read/watch my Japanese media collection, and to help me make the most of my holiday to Japan in April.

Long term goal is to learn as much as I can, potentially move to Japan, and integrate myself as a keen immigrant who wishes to integrate himself successfully in both manner of language and culture.

Nice to meet you all, and I wish you the best of luck along with myself :D!

nihongonewbie

Posted 7 years ago

Hi! I'm Nihongo Newbie. I am really excited about trying to learn Japanese on this site. Many years ago, I lived in Japan for three months, but I never got very good at Japanese. I'm hoping that a combination of this site, FluentU videos, and WaniKani will help me improve! My favorite Japanese-related subject is washoku.

Steven Kwan

Posted 7 years ago

Hello all Forum members, my name is Steven Kawn, I am product Manager & Works Freelancer with ATW Digital Currency Exchange Online

Charvie Mishra

Posted 7 years ago

Hi fellow japanese learners!

I am Charvie Mishra, I am from India. I'm 19 years old , doing my bachelors in fashion technology. I am learning Japanese because the culture fasinates me, and I really Really want to go and experience living in Japan. Also because Japanese is so melodious to hear :)

Hope I get to learn a lot and have fun with everyone!

kayleedave

Posted 7 years ago

Hello, I am Kaylee Dave, a university professor,and I like to believe that I'm a very good professional freelance writer.I dedicated my life to writing and charity.Now I work as editor at dissertation writing services.

Luka

Posted 7 years ago

Hello! I'm Luka, from GA, USA. I honestly speak VERY little Japanese and I've been looking for a fitting study program for a little over a year now. I was on a pretty good one before but the site ended up getting shut down for some reason early on, and because of my location and learning style I've struggled to find a good program online or in my area since. I guess I have a list of reasons to learn Japanese, one being that in a couple years I hope to study abroad and Japan is my first choice because of my major and interests. I also find Japanese to be one of my favorite foreign languages to speak and listen to, so I'm personally able to enjoy learning Japanese more so than say, Italian. Unfortunately for me, I'm somewhat tackling Russian, Spanish, and Japanese all at the same time (which I know isn't the best idea but hey, what can you do when you need credits in foreign language by may and have to learn a decent portion of two other languages that aren't actually offered by your school within two years, haha.) from first glance/a tiny bit of progress I'm beginning to think this site will be really helpful, which knocks out some of my concerns with Japanese. If this continues to be a good plan of study for me I definitely plan to purchase premium.

Brooklyn

Posted 7 years ago

Hi, I'm Brooke, I'm trying to learn Japanese because it's what interests me and this seems like a fun way to learn! 

Risj

Posted 7 years ago

Hello, I'm Risj. I am an aspriting polyglot from North Carolina, USA. I am 26 and have been studying Japanese for one year now. I have memorized all 2136 Joyo Kanji and now am just starting to go hard on the grammar. I am a nomad entrepreneur. I plan on moving to Japan within the next few years.

Stephen

Posted 7 years ago

Hello, My name is Steve. I've wanted to learn Japanese since I was young, before there were all these resources online. I got a bit discouraged and gave it up for 10 years. My interest is back, and I am seeing so many more options than there were back then. Like this community. I want to subscribe to premium, but I think a deciding factor would be if there are a lot of opportunities to have voice conversations with other people to practice the language, as I've found nothing beats actually trying to speak it. Does anyone do that on here? Is it facilitated through the site at all?